Wednesday, January 26, 2011

day 6

1/4 mile walked. soon, i will be walking 1 mile a day.

i've almost hit the 1 week mark of walking.. if i hadn't skipped a day. (i promised myself i wouldn't cry) i'm joking. i'm not crying. sweating, yes. amazing that it's 37 degrees out and i can still manage a healthy sheen. i'm like an overweight horse, because FYI, porcine don't sweat. (that's pig for you laymen out there)

yeah, the social experiment that so many have been unwittingly a part of.. (sorry) i've been wearing cosmetics over the past, month or so, on a (mostly) daily basis. i wanted to try this for a couple of reasons.

1.) i wanted to see if i felt differently about myself.

2.) i wanted to see if others reacted to me differently.

i believe i feel differently about myself, because others react to me differently. i get complimented. this, of course, boosts the ego/self-esteem, because no matter how "different" we consider ourselves, we are still, at our base, social creatures. to hear others say nice things about our appearance, (work performance or intelligence) has a positive effect or is it affect? on how we feel.

CONS:
i still feel a touch ridiculous "dolling" myself up every day.
it's a pain in the ass, because it takes me an extra 30 minutes to get ready to go anywhere.

PROS:
i am forced to wash my face twice a day, as opposed to once and my complexion has improved because of it.
compliments are nice.
men with whom i interact on a semi-regular basis look at me differently.
(i haven't determined if this is because they like what they see or if they think i look ridiculous.)

so there you go, you unwitting participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment