Tuesday, February 22, 2011

day 28

.7 miles walked (so far)
*update* 1.4 miles walked Tuesday


it's nearing the end of February and my goal of walking 1 mile per day, is somewhat complete. i've been splitting the distance, walking my regular .7 of a mile, twice a day. i find this more attainable at this point in time. and i'm still going with the philosophy that it's more important that i'm doing it, rather than when.

i'm almost at the 30 day mark. i'm starting to notice (and so are others) that my face is getting thinner. i've also noticed changes in other parts of my body and major improvements in flexibility.

i knew i wouldn't get this far along and think oh jesus, this hasn't been worth it.

it's just been GETTING here. (think mindset)

i feel like i'm accomplishing something and i'm proud of myself.

i'm letting me be proud of me. that's a big step.

2 comments:

  1. Adopting the mindset is the most important thing of all. Without it, everything else becomes near impossible. But getting the mindset takes time, patience and constant repetition and reinforcement.

    To have reached the end of week 4 is a wonderful achievement and you are right to be proud. Allow yourself a *smug* moment - it is completely deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I was so wrapped up in counting days, I didn't realize it has been 4 weeks.. I've been at this a month now. (Well, a short month) I feel pretty happy with myself. I'm starting to believe that I can DO this.

    ReplyDelete