Friday, February 25, 2011

day 31

1.4 miles walked

it seems that when i write a post, that gets me going (and apparently other people too) that i go into a dry spell. i can't seem to write something great each day.

then i think, that's not entirely true. it's just the stuff that i feel comfortable writing down. maybe i can only open myself up so much at a time.. i don't know who reads this. i know the people that comment and the people that always like it, due to progress or whatever. but i'm weird that way, i don't know who i'm being vulnerable with or even if i am being vulnerable. it's only the truth. which is ugly sometimes and sometimes hurts. even if it's not intended to. so do we buffer the truth, shine it up, make it pretty.. so it goes down easier.. do we coat that truth with lies? to ease it in.. lies are like lubricant.

i made a friend. she gave me the truth. i believe her, she didn't pretty it up for me at all and i admire the hell out of her for it. thanks Velvet. if it weren't for you, i wouldn't know. and i'd still be wondering what and why. i don't regret wondering what or why, because it led me on a path. i wouldn't have met who i met and loved who i loved if i wouldn't have had that drive to make things right between me and who ever that was i knew way back when. i'm not sure i knew him now. not sure at all. but that doesn't matter.

life is lived in the journey, not the destination.

the destination is death, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome. I thought you should know. Shit like that can haunt a person, for so long.

    I promise I won't quote a Tom Cochrane song now. Hahha.

    ReplyDelete